buzzed bait

Pflueger Patriach Spinning Reel Problem

Have had my Patriarch for a couple years now and love this reel, but my last trip out something was going wrong with the handle and I figured out that the handle stem (carbon fiber piece) is freely rotating around and causing the knob to be at some awkward angles and tough to reel.  I called pflueger and they do sell the whole handle assembly as 1 piece, but was like $35 or so.  Just wondering if there's any way to fix this myself before biting the bullet and getting a new handle assembly?  In the pic below, the lower arrow is where it's turning around inside of that "housing".  The upper arrow points to what appears to be a rivet or something, but it's not a nut or anything that can be tightened from what i can tell.  My thought was to maybe try and pull it out, put some epoxy or something in there maybe and then slide the carbon fiber piece back into that housing??  any other ideas on how to DIY this or should i just buck up and buy the handle assembly?

Thanks!

Pfleuger-patriarch-side.jpg

No help to you,but is that a fenwick aetos rod,and if so how do you like it ,as I only have aetos casting rods.thank you

4 minutes ago, gailt said:

No help to you,but is that a fenwick aetos rod,and if so how do you like it ,as I only have aetos casting rods.thank you

sorry man, just ripped that picture off the internet for illustration purposes, i don't have an aetos rod.

• Like 1