jswfish

Help near charolette nc

Looking for a place to take 2 young children to catch fish. Near hunstersville looking for a pond or small lake with bluegill crappie perch something easy for the kids.

aside from lake norman.....  there's some parks around mountain island lake that are pretty easy to access, rig up some worms on bobbers and let them have at it.  another option is the McGuire nuclear station at Cowan's ford on your way out toward Denver, only open certain hours, but there's some fish around there, especially during the colder months.

i lived in Huntersville before moving to Atlanta and unfortunately, most of the ponds in that area are on golf courses or in private communities.  and regardless of what anyone tells you, that howell reservoir off hwy 73 headed towards concord IS NOT a public lake.... 

maybe @lo n slo  or @Carolina Bassin  can come through and help you out a little bit more than i can!

you could try Roosevelt Wilson Park in Davidson. 420 Griffith St. take exit 30 off I 77 N or take hwy 115 N to Davidson and make a left at the light onto Griffith St. very close to you.

Lake Norman State Park, about 45 minutes further north in Troutman, is an extremely cool place. it's massive and offers swimming, fishing, hiking, camping, and more. i fished there when i was young, and took my kids there too. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lo n slo said:

you could try Roosevelt Wilson Park in Davidson. 420 Griffith St. take exit 30 off I 77 N or take hwy 115 N to Davidson and make a left at the light onto Griffith St. very close to you.

Lake Norman State Park, about 45 minutes further north in Troutman, is an extremely cool place. it's massive and offers swimming, fishing, hiking, camping, and more. i fished there when i was young, and took my kids there too. 

the state park is a cool place, that stretch of the lake from the ramp up the river there is awesome.... snaky and windy and perfect for the kayak off the main lake.  I never caught all that many fish back in there though!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, buzzed bait said:

the state park is a cool place, that stretch of the lake from the ramp up the river there is awesome.... snaky and windy and perfect for the kayak off the main lake.  I never caught all that many fish back in there though!

that is Hicks Creek and it is my favorite creek on the lake. but it gets absolutely beat to death and those fish can get lockjaw at times. one of those feast or famine deals. 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2016 at 6:26 PM, CityboyFishing said:

Try lata plantation park, has alot of different areas with lake access 

Off the top of my head this and Jetton Park are probly the best places I can think of in the Huntersville area