Sign in to follow this  
j bab

Treble Hook Sizes

I need to replace some 10XD hooks. I found out that they come with 1/0, but it I switch to a triple grip short shank should I step up to a 2/0? I've heard that you should step up a size when you go from regular to short shank. Anyone have experience switching hooks out on XD cranks?

7 minutes ago, Wildbillb said:

Will the 2/0 touch and tangle?

I don't know, that's why I'm asking...

I went with the 2/0 KVD Mustad short Shank Triple Grips on the 10XD for our Mexican trip last June with 00 mod where Deep Cranking caught a ton of above average bass and they worked perfectly. I also up graded the split rings to a #4 Owner Hyper Wire job.

btw - While fishing the 8XD (with 1/0's) I hooked a 7 lb fish and brought it to the boat.  While an entire school of 7 plus size fish followed it up.

Never saw anything like it before and probably will never see it again - I almost pooped my pants.

A-Jay

• Like 3

1 hour ago, A-Jay said:

I went with the 2/0 KVD Mustad short Shank Triple Grips on the 10XD for our Mexican trip last June with 00 mod where Deep Cranking caught a ton of above average bass and they worked perfectly. I also up graded the split rings to a #4 Owner Hyper Wire job.

btw - While fishing the 8XD (with 1/0's) I hooked a 7 lb fish and brought it to the boat.  While an entire school of 7 plus size fish followed it up.

Never saw anything like it before and probably will never see it again - I almost pooped my pants.

A-Jay

Thanks for the info, and that amazing story! I'm glad you didn't poop your pants, although I might have too.

• Like 1