Sign in to follow this  
Justbass11

Trolling Motor problem

I hit a log or something in the water with my trolling motor and now my boat doesn't go where the arrow on the top of the trolling motor says it should go. My question is this, How can I reline my trolling motor so that the arrow and the motor go where I am steering my boat to go?

I had a similar problem on a Motorguide trolling motor. I took the head apart and realigned the arrow, only to have it go out of whack on me again a month or two later. I've since learned to steer the boat based on the foot pedal and ignore the arrow. 

Not sure this will help you, but good luck!

• Like 1

Normally the arrow sits on plastic gear teeth. As long as there not damaged you should be able to remove head and re-align as the above poster said. It's not hard to do. 

I fished a season without an arrow as well and even though I got pretty good at it. Let me tell you I want an arrow!

• Like 1

I honestly hardly ever even look at the arrow on mine. To re-align it though, as others have said it shouldn't be hard, you can take the 3 or so screws out of the head to take it apart and check it out. Some models you can actually pull up on the arrow to disengage it enough to turn it back without taking anything apart. 

• Like 1