wenz41378

Duckett 300 Series Baitcast Reels

Can't find any reviews on the Duckett 300 Series Baitcast Reels anywhere here or on the web.   I'm referring to the one at the 129.99 price point.  Anyone tried one and what did you think?  

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/wringer/tackle-test-2015-best-spinning-and-baitcasting-reels

You can also check out reviews at Cabela's and BPS, but need to be very careful on what you believe from those reviews.  I think often a certain reel is the only one they've ever used, but praise it to high heaven as the best thing since sliced bread.  In other words, take those reviews with a grain of salt....or two.

18 minutes ago, new2BC4bass said:

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/wringer/tackle-test-2015-best-spinning-and-baitcasting-reels

You can also check out reviews at Cabela's and BPS, but need to be very careful on what you believe from those reviews.  I think often a certain reel is the only one they've ever used, but praise it to high heaven as the best thing since sliced bread.  In other words, take those reviews with a grain of salt....or two.

I've tried oudoorlife and most of the major retailers.  Since very few retailers actually sell the lower price point 300 series, there aren't any reviews.  I don't even know how long they have been out.  Maybe I just started looking at reels again about the time they were released.  I do see that the 320 and 360 have gotten good reviews which is why I'm intrigued by the 300 series, which is a little closer to my price point. 

i think dicks carries that real you may check there

Gotcha.  I was thinking 300, 320 and 360 are all 300 series reels.  Reels are quite new and not one of the big 4 brands (Abu, Daiwa, Lew's & Shimano)...or even as well known (yet) as Quantum, Pflueger or BPS so reviews being hard to find is to be expected.  A forum like this is probably your best bet on getting any information at all for awhile.

I don't know much about these reels but I think I am going to pick one up this week. 

At DSG if you buy the reel you get a Duckett Ghost rod ($99) for FREE this week

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DaleGribble said:

I don't know much about these reels but I think I am going to pick one up this week. 

At DSG if you buy the reel you get a Duckett Ghost rod ($99) for FREE this week

I saw that, unfortunately even they don't have any reviews.  Let me know if you get one and give it a try. 

For what it's worth, DSG has a special going on - buy the 300 series reel and get the Duckett Ghost for free.  Seems like a pretty good deal (maybe why the store I stopped by earlier had none in stock ?).

Yea order from dicks. I have a couple of the duckett ghost rods. They're sweet!

• Like 1