Dbrown

Baits on raystown pa

I was curious what people had luck on that fished there.  We had luck with the 4.8 inch kietechs but nothing else.  Is it a good lake for Carolina rig or a jig?  We tried some chatterbaits without sucess

Raystown can definitely be a puzzle. But there are some hawgs in there if you can find them. 

Highly recommend early morning or night fishing, if possible. Run up the coves and creek arms early on, work topwaters, and pitch and flip texas rigged senkos, plastics, or flipping jigs to the drowned wood and weedlines. Then move out a bit deeper, especially to some of the bluffs, cliff walls and points, some of these areas go from 0-60 feet deep about 20-30 feet offshore! Dragging and hopping a football jig, or my favorite, a 7 inch Berkley Powerworm, works well also. Soft jerkbaits can also be dynamite if there are shad around. 

Good luck!

Best lures for me are: Shakey head, fluke, paddle tailed fluke, t-rigged worm or creature bait. That place is feast or famine as far as bass fishing! Pre-fishing I will wreck them but tournament day I think they all swim out to sea or something?

Allen

Usually the thermocline forms at around 30-35 feet, so concentrate on that and shallower. It gives you an idea where to start from, and also allows you to eliminate alot of water quickly.