Joshua Colvey

Bass Raider 10E trolling and gas motor size

I have a 10e with a MK 55lb trolling motor and it gets me wherever I need to go... This boat is not well suited for big bodies of water especially with windy conditions.....  Put the tolling motor on the front so you can move the boat and fish at the same time... Good luck...

Thank you. We have a couple of lakes close by. A 31 acre, a 65 acre, a 135 acre all within about 10-20 minute drive. There is a  350 acre and a 656 acre lake wihin 30 min to hour drive.

The 135 acre is a new lake and the 65 acre all stocked by the game and fish.

20 hours ago, Wetahook2 said:

I have a 10e with a MK 55lb trolling motor and it gets me wherever I need to go... This boat is not well suited for big bodies of water especially with windy conditions.....  Put the tolling motor on the front so you can move the boat and fish at the same time... Good luck...

what he said....  motor in the front is crucial for steering that thing around sometimes.

my brother does have a little 9.9HP motor, but i've never run it with him.  we always fish a smaller lake that doesn't allow nor require a gas motor.

21 hours ago, Joshua Colvey said:

Been on a debate of weather doing a kayak or small Bass Raider 10 ft. Think ill do the 10E. Can anyone tell me a gas engine and a trolling motor size to run?

I have the Pond Prowler 10ft and at one time I looked it up. I believe (if memory serves) a 5hp was the max the boat was rated for. I would think the very similar boat would probably be the same. 

In the past I had seen some on YouTube that had some issues with the plastic transom when using a small gas engine as well. It was flexing quite a bit. One guy somewhere maybe in this forum had braced his with metal and again if memory serves said it cured it. 

I just use aa cheap TM I think it's 45lb might even be less. It's a Walmart job. But I only use mine in small private pools/lakes that the banks are pretty much not accessable. It works awesome though for this. 

I like the fact I just carry it in my pickup and have no heavy motor to deal with. Getting it to and from the water is much easier. If only that battery would carry itself. :D