kcdinkerz

Zman micro chatterbaits

Just got a few in can't wait to try them out with my bfs setup. What do you guys recommend for a trailer

The 1/16 and 1/8oz that comes with the little minnow trailer and an absolute trout slayer on Wyco, but you didn't hear that from me. I always used part of a trout worm on mine but a 2" grub works good too. 

• Like 4

i'm likely going to have one rigged up for the river smallies this weekend.  i have some tiny little kalin's sizmic grubs that are pretty good as a trailer on them.

• Like 1

It comes with a small double tail grub in the package, at least the ones that I have purchased do....It is elaztach, maybe smaller than 2", but it is a double tail grub....

I like your idea of the Kalin's Sizmic Grub...I want to try that out, I bet that will slay them as the Tail whips side to side...When it comes to grubs, the Triple Tail grubs seem to work well as trailers if you like action, I actually stopped buying them and just make a few cuts in a regular grub..... I also have used a 5" Leech since they are flat and cut it down to 3" and split the tail, or take a 4" Trick worm and cut it too 3"..Sometimes they hit it when popping it off the bottom and I guess the worm standing up helps out....Good little bait, it likes to rise so sometimes I add a split shot to the line to keep it from breaking water close to the boat/shore. If you use line that is too heavy, the snaps on some of the smaller ones 3/16 can break, I am not sure if it is because I have older one's, bad snaps, or I horsed the fish, but I now use lighter line in 8lb range, but the 1/4 oz which I think  is Micro, has never given me issues....

.Bluebasser is the bladed jig expert on this site, so try a trout worm, I think they float but I like your idea of a Kalin's sizmic grub, that is a slick looking grub. I need to use them more, I have a pack, tried them and loved how they looked, but they are now buried in my 500lb pound bag of plastics I carry along with my other 200lb shoulder bag...

• Like 1

Just bought 4 of the micros...  Patiently waiting for my new tackle to come in the mail...