Sign in to follow this  
ChrisD46

Decisions To Install Power Poles ?

For those of you who invested in power poles - what were the main reasons which factored into your decision ? I plan to have a boat in Florida soon so not sure of the key questions to be asking ? I do not tournement fish so I won't be needing power poles for that aspect . Thanks in advance for replies !

If you fish in mostly shallower water of 10 feet or less, they are a valuable asset, both freshwater and saltwater.  Keep in mind you will need space in the back of your boat for pumps and hydraulic hoses if you choose power poles.

I got them because I was tired of the wind controlling the boat whenever I took my foot off the trolling motor, such as when re-tying lures, taking fish off hooks, grabbing something to drink, or grabbing a rod out of the rod box.  I use them many times throughout the day, regardless of whether or not I'm fishing a tournament.  Bonus: you don't have to tie up at docks anymore! :)

The whole "you need a lot of room in the back of your boat" argument has been blown way out of proportion.  I don't have much room in the back of my boat - at all - and had plenty of room for the pumps....plenty.  Space wasn't an issue at all.  So don't let the exceptions make it sound like it's a widespread problem.

Love my Power-Poles!

• Like 1