Sign in to follow this  
Balshy Fishing

Mustad's KVD Elite Treble--"2x Short 1x Strong"

Fellas,

I received a pack of these a couple months ago and just found them again so I'm going to put 'em to use! What would these go best on?

I know that's a super vague question but they're size 8. I'm going to start getting into treble replacement stuff and I'd LOVE to know what to hook these up with.

Thanks ya'll. 

Replacing the hooks on jerkbaits is always a good bet. Although I would check the size of the hooks that come with the lure because if you change the size to much it will no longer suspend. For reference, Ito Visions 110s take a size 6 as well as shadow raps.

As for that I really can't think of to many baits that have size 8 trebles. They might work well on kvd 1.5s or any smaller finess type crankbait.

Those are some good hooks, all though rather small. I have put  the size 8 on KVD 1.0, and a few spybaits, and smaller jerkbaits.

i've had nothing but problems with these hooks i put them on a  couple jerkbaits and first fish on both baits they bent out when fighting a fish which was only 2.5-3 pounds

50 minutes ago, Scarborough817 said:

i've had nothing but problems with these hooks i put them on a  couple jerkbaits and first fish on both baits they bent out when fighting a fish which was only 2.5-3 pounds

Mustad's KVD Elite Treble--"2x Short 1x Strong"  Bent Out - and on a Jerk Bait ? ? ?

Wow - that's pretty hard to do.  These hooks have helped be land some of my biggest bass, including a 9 plus on a LC Pointer.

I have them on 95% of the treble hook baits I own and have never bent one - not one.  Ever.  That's one of the main reason's I buy them.

Very little to No Flex.  

Perhaps we are not talking about the same hooks here ?

A-Jay

Just now, A-Jay said:

Mustad's KVD Elite Treble--"2x Short 1x Strong"  Bent Out - and on a Jerk Bait ? ? ?

Wow - that's pretty hard to do.  These hooks have helped be land some of my biggest bass, including a 9 plus on a LC Pointer.

I have then on 95% of the treble hook baits I own and have never bent one - not one.  Ever.  That's one of the main reason's I buy them.

Very little to No Flex.  

A-Jay

maybe i could be talking about a different hook but i know they were  Mustad's KVD Elite Trebles maybe they weren't exactly the same i'll have to check 

Just now, Scarborough817 said:

maybe i could be talking about a different hook but i know they were  Mustad's KVD Elite Trebles maybe they weren't exactly the same i'll have to check 

Ok Cool. 

If you are not using these hooks but are having problems with trebles bending out, as long as your bait is not a suspending style - where the bait's balance & action would be hampered by a little extra hook weight, I'd highly recommend you give these a chance to prove themselves. 

I'm a big fan.

A-Jay

10 minutes ago, A-Jay said:

I have then on 95% of the treble hook baits I own and have never bent one - not one.  Ever.  That's one of the main reason's I buy them.

Very little to No Flex.  

A-Jay

the only ones i have had to change out got the vmc short shank round bend and i haven't had any issues with those which i like 

I'd use these on a KVD 1.0, or similar size bait. Not many bass lures use a size 8 hook!.