Hi, I'm new here and I'm wondering what's the best low profile baitcaster for bass fishing in the 80-150$ price range.. and what's a good rod

Also I have just started bass fishing and does anyone have any tips for fishing in lakes 

What do you want to use the reel for? Every company out there makes a good reel in your price range, so it's really going to be subjective as to "which is best". So if we know what you're wanting to use it for, at least you'll get suggestions that make sense for the applications you're wanting to do.

As for the rod;

And bass fishing tips you could start here;

http://www.bassresource.com/how-to-fish/

or you can get more specific on where you're fishing and someone from your area will probably chime in, maybe someone fishing the same lake you are. 

8 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

What do you want to use the reel for? Every company out there makes a good reel in your price range, so it's really going to be subjective as to "which is best". So if we know what you're wanting to use it for, at least you'll get suggestions that make sense for the applications you're wanting to do.

As for the rod;

And bass fishing tips you could start here;

http://www.bassresource.com/how-to-fish/

or you can get more specific on where you're fishing and someone from your area will probably chime in, maybe someone fishing the same lake you are. 

OK what I'll be using it for is bass fishing with worms, crankbaits and spinner and buzz baits and thanks.