Anyone have anything positive or negative to comment on the h20 xpress menace from academy? Looking at grabbing one this weekend

Haven't tried the Menace but I do have the Manic, in addition to my Mettles, and they're all good reels. I wouldn't be afraid to try one. 

1 hour ago, Bluebasser86 said:

Haven't tried the Menace but I do have the Manic, in addition to my Mettles, and they're all good reels. I wouldn't be afraid to try one. 

how you like the manic??? that was the other that I was debating on. It looks good as well. I understand the manic has mag brakes and the menace has centrifugal brakes.

I like it. Only paid $30 for it. It's been a good trap reel, really launches them and the 7.1 ratio makes burning them easy. It has a magnetic brake.

1 hour ago, Bluebasser86 said:

I like it. Only paid $30 for it. It's been a good trap reel, really launches them and the 7.1 ratio makes burning them easy. It has a magnetic brake.

ok. Here is what I got going on in my head. Manic for 79.99, Menace for 99.99 or Lew's lfs speed spool for 99.99. Don't want to spend over $100. Can't decide....also have a gift card for $65 to academy, that's why im locked into those three choices at academy.

One thing to consider, if you ever need replacement parts it's A LOT easier to get them for a Lew's reel than it is for an H2O reel. I've heard somewhere that a big name company makes replacement parts for the H2O reels but so far nobody has actually mentioned the name of said company!

7 minutes ago, Brett's_daddy said:

One thing to consider, if you ever need replacement parts it's A LOT easier to get them for a Lew's reel than it is for an H2O reel. I've heard somewhere that a big name company makes replacement parts for the H2O reels but so far nobody has actually mentioned the name of said company!

I went with the lews. Due to the smaller size 

• Like 1