Brand, make, and model don't necessarily matter.  Most people will tell you the only thing that matters is aluminum frame, quality drag system, and a 7.0:1 gear ratio or higher.

Look at a Diawa Tatula Type R . The reel is super smooth and is available in a 8-1 ratio.  They can be purchased on Amazon for about $140 they retail around $200

Drag has to be over 10lbs

Metal frame and beefy gears would be nice

Fastest gear ratio possible

Good casting weight window for a half ounce frog

Oh, and a huge difference maker for me that people don't spend enough time dialing is braid test and type.  I use 40# Smackdown now and it was literally out casting 30# 832 by a significant margin and it's the smoothest and quietest I've found.  I've also gone up to 55# FX2 and it was just overkill and super loud...  Unnecessary.  My butter zone is #40# Smackdown for life, it's crazy line.  Do yourself a favor and don't just assume you should have 50lb on there though...  You could be losing a lot of casting distance you don't need to. 

Fast with a good drag is main things I'm interested in. Currently using a BPS Titanium 8 in the 8.1 ratio and like it really well so far. 

12 hours ago, lecisnith said:

Brand, make, and model don't necessarily matter.  Most people will tell you the only thing that matters is aluminum frame, quality drag system, and a 7.0:1 gear ratio or higher.

^^^ This pretty much sums it up. ^^^ Several reels from different companies will fit the bill here. If you have a reel family that you are familiar with already, get one with the specs listed above and you will be good to go. Good luck!! 

Go with a Curado 200I in the 7.2:1 gear ratio. A MH graphite rod and a minimum of 50 pound braid are what you should use. When lost of bass over 5 pounds exist or you are fishing very thick cover, go with 65 pound braid or higher. I prefer a MH rod for frogs because a H action with braid seems to rip them away from the fish on a strike easier.