AFhunter11

Lews speed stick squarebill rod??

I currently have a 7'3" MH/F rated for 3/8-1 oz lures. It's a great rod, but it struggles to throw lighter baits like kvd 1.5 squarebills and senkos. I fish mostly from the bank and I'm looking for 1 rod that can throw everything from a 1/4 oz PopR to a 3/4 oz Carolina rig. I know purists will say one rod can't do it all, but I don't have a choice. I noticed the lews speed stick squarebill rod is MH/MF rated for 1/4-3/4 oz lures. I thought this would be good for moving baits like squarebills, spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, chatterbaits, etc, but could I get by with it for 1/4-1/2 oz jigs and t rigs? And even that heavy 3/4 oz c rig? Would it have enough hook setting power or would it flex too much? I was planning on using braid with it. The falcon bucoo 7' MH/MF also caught my eye so I'd be happy to hear about that rod. Any info would be appreciated, thanks! 

I'd say anything is possible. I wouldn't use braid though for crankbaits with a mh. Also maybe drop your carolina weight to 1/2oz. But With a moderate fast rod with braid you could still get a hook  up with the carolina rig.

Why not a fast instead of moderate fast and just loosen your drag a little for when you are using treble hook baits ( ie 1.5s) and then you still have the backbone for the jigs and rigs when needed.