Sign in to follow this  
dodgeguy

Fishing rocky reservoirs with no weeds.

I put my rowboat on Sodom reservoir in the NYC reservoir system this year.you have to be permitted by NYC and leave your boat locked there. The previous reservoir I fished had tons of weeds and  cover. The new one is rocks with NO weeds.it is steep in most areas with some points and shallower areas .finding fish is not easy but I haven't gotten skunked yet.most fish were caught on wacky rig senkos or t rig worms in 5 to 15 feet of water.I am not used to this type of fishing and need serious suggestions.has largies smallies big white perch and walleye mostly.

Tube baits with inserted jighead will work. And to cover Water faster maybe a squarebill or medium diver bumping the rocks. 

• Like 1

Getting into this time of year if the water is clear and the wind is down throw a spy bait. It's a great search bait. 

Normally there will be multiple fish per spot, so once you hook the first one keep picking it apart. 

I would definitely concentrate on the points. I'm a guy who likes to fish slow so I would throw an arkie jig with a twin-tailed grub on the back. Also those steep banks are a good place to drag a jig. Throw as close as you can with slack line cause you want as vertical a presentation as you can. When the lure hits a ledge let it sit for 10 seconds and drag it off. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1