Sign in to follow this  
Heron

Bank Fishing T-Rig Worms in Vegetation

Just throwing out a quick question.   I didn't do a search for the topic because Im out and about at the moment.

But....Fishing from shore....when fishing T-Rig worms, I typically make some moderately long casts, and then crawl the worm back to shore.  But now the vegetation is getting pretty thick.   Can I still work these areas effectively in the same way with a worm? It sure doesn't seem like it.   Should I be switching to something else?   Even if the worm comes through that stuff cleanly, is it even a viable expectation for a fish to grab at a worm that is bottom crawling through the weeds?

Thx

Peg your weight or throw it weightless. You have to kinda feel the lure, and as it is snagging stop and just shake it off. You have to learn to avoid getting snagged. If it's very thick you can't just bulldog it through. You have to work it. Your question is about t rigging but sometimes a frog on top of the garbage will work better.

Most anglers try forcing a t-rig through grass which is all wrong, you finesse it through grass. When you feel the t-rig starting to load up in the grass...STOP! Release the pressure, pull up until you feel the heaviness again but apply slightly more pressure, the release, repeat until it breaks free (at this point ya wanna hold on real tight to your rod cause ya might get your arm broke). You want the motion to be similar to & as fast as working a shaky head, you're just appling more pressure.

Worm selection is paramount, ribbon tails will hang on grass more than curl tails & straight tails hang even less.

You want to stay as near vertical as possible & maintain constant bottom contact, density of the grass & depth will determine how far off vertical ya wanna go.

• Like 3