Sign in to follow this  
Kyle Giaminetti

Local public fishing ponds

First off I'm new here, and probably not posting in the right section. But I'm in the memphis TN area. Arlington to be exact. Looking for some new bass holes to hit in the area. Preferably ones to drop a 14' Jon boat in. 

First off welcome to the forums..

I'm not sure how the rules/laws work in your area but from my recent experience you should try and ask a land owner if you can be on their land if it's not a public pond.  The honey hole I have been fishing for a couple years has recently been marked all overy with no trespassing signs because of (I'm assuming) people not taking care of how they treat the land on the way to the pond, trampling the farmers crops littering all over..  which I will never understand..

Look to see if you can get permission up front to save the headache later of trying to find them..  

• Like 1

Check the Local Fishing Forum. There is a thread called "Memphis Pond Hoppers". This should help you out. I am from Southaven, MS. Just a little south of you. From reading in that thread, it sounds like there a few pretty good spots around Collierville that sound pretty promising. 

• Like 1

:fishing-026:

:o is there a pond hopper out there for southern Ontario 

Would love to find a new honey hole since mine has been "shut down" to public access 

Too much getting skunked since I haven't been able to get down to my honey hole I was really spoiled