MS662

live target

I bought the Live Target sunfish about 3 weeks ago and have had many blow ups but not many hookups. Ive caught some good bass on it and actually caught a 5 pounder on it yesterday evening who swallowed it. I have caught no little fish on this just 2 pounders and up and maybe that is what is blowing up my lure and they cant get to the hook very well (which honestly not catching small ones is fine). So just curious to what everyone else is experiencing with the lure and the hookup ratio.

3 hours ago, MS662 said:

I bought the Live Target sunfish about 3 weeks ago and have had many blow ups but not many hookups. Ive caught some good bass on it and actually caught a 5 pounder on it yesterday evening who swallowed it. I have caught no little fish on this just 2 pounders and up and maybe that is what is blowing up my lure and they cant get to the hook very well (which honestly not catching small ones is fine). So just curious to what everyone else is experiencing with the lure and the hookup ratio.

Your relatively new to BR, welcome. A little searching and you would have found this hot topic from last week. Just click below. 

http://www.bassresource.com/bass-fishing-forums/topic/177311-live-target-sunfish/

Good luck!! 

Try bending the hooks out a little, or using a trailer hook

Are you using the small size or the large size? I have been catching 1 and 2 pounders on the small one. Make sure to use braid no matter what when fishing frog style baits. Sometimes I would get a blow up from a small fish and I would let him swim around with it until I felt him and then set the hook