I am getting a new combo to cover my deeper jigs, flipping and pitching, C-rigs, and larger baits in general. I do not intend on spending more than around $100. I have narrowed my choices to the 7'3" hvy Dobyns Fury, 7'3" Duckett Ghost, 7'4" no. *** blackout, 7'3" Lews TP-1 IM8... well, sort of narrowed. Anyhow, I desire a light rod that can still pull fish out of heavy cover. Any suggestions, thoughts,  or opinions? Thanks in advance.

I'd go with the dobyns 735.

Dobyns 765 would cover all those better than the 735

Dobyns 765

Dobyns 765

I see why you choose this, but I forgot to mention it would duplicate from some frogging situations.. would this still be the case? It is meant to cover everything heavy that I use, for now at least.

Dobyns would be my number one choice. I would go with the FR735C Mag Hvy myself. That thing is a weapon! The choice between 735 and 765 is a personal one.  I don't think you can be wrong here but a 735 would be my choice.    

If your frogging weight is going to fit relatively well within the specs, bot knowing what size frogs you throw I'd still get the 765 since you seem to be wanting move toward getting another rod for frogging purposes.

Well a 735 would be more versatile I would think, and then I could get a 765 later. Or am I wrong here because I don't know this like you probably do

23 hours ago, Fishinthefish said:

If your frogging weight is going to fit relatively well within the specs, bot knowing what size frogs you throw I'd still get the 765 since you seem to be wanting move toward getting another rod for frogging purposes.

You keep referencing wanting to use the rod in heavy cover and pull fish out of heavy cover while using  big baits. The 765 has more backbone and handles a heavier weight better than the 735. My 735 has had a frog tied on it for 4+ years and has almost never come off. It's a great frog rod and that's about all i like using it for. You can flip, pitch, and punch up to about 1 1/4oz on the 765. I would never put a 1oz weight on the 735. The longer rod will be more beneficial in deep water and Crig fishing for long casts and picking up more line. 

I'd look at the daily tabula 7'2" heavy or 7'4" heavy frogging rod. Very versatile rods that handle about anything from 1/2 oz frogs, to 3/4 oz football jigs, to 2 oz or so swim baits and a rigs.  They retail for more than your budget but can be found on the auction site and other places for 110 or so shipped

I personally think you can get away with throwing a frog on the bigger rod easier than you will with pulling bass out of thick cover. With that said this is entirely a personal preference decision. I use jigs significantly more than a frog. I'd go with the bigger one first.

If you're fishing out of a boat longer is better.  My flippin stick is 7"11" and I love the extra length.  I do agree with the 765 choice. :)