Sign in to follow this  
tje0705

Shipping Reels?

Hey guys im selling some reels and was wondering what box you guys usually use for shipping bait casters. Do you think you can fit 2 reels in a small flat rate box? Thanks for the info guys. 

Aren't those boxes free? Go grab some from the PO and see if the reels fit. You don't want it so snug a fit that you can't add some padding. And get insurance/delivery confirmation. It helps keep those postal workers honest.

When I am shipping 1 reel I am using a small box that I can fit the reel in as well as the original box. I like to pack the reel in bubble wrap and then put it in the original box. Then I put the reel box in the box I am going to ship it in and add any wadded up paper or what not to make it snug. The box is taped up really good to ensure it stays together while in transit. I have a ton of smaller boxes on hand from buying reels or a small shipment of tackle from online venders like TW.

I have used packs of soft plastic baits to act as filler before. Not only does it add padding but it gives the buyer a nice little gift as a Thank You.

54 minutes ago, kickerfish1 said:

I have used packs of soft plastic baits to act as filler before. Not only does it add padding but it gives the buyer a nice little gift as a Thank You.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for your posts in the flea market from now on :D

22 minutes ago, Longo said:

I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for your posts in the flea market from now on :D

Thanks,...Not sure if I have any reels I am looking to sell at the moment. Maybe I will have some fore sale over the winter!;)

The best packing material is plastic shopping bags from the grocery store. 

Pack them in there tightly and the reel won't move an inch in transit. 

• Like 2

Wal Mart sells 6x6x6" boxes for around 60 cents a piece. Those and some packaging tape is all you need. 

I get two reels in their box in a flat rate medium post box with a little room for bubble wrap.

Usps has a flat rate priority box that's square. I always have to ask for them though at the counter. You can fit 2 reels in one of them. 

USPS Priority is a bit expensive ($8-20). If the two reels are under 1 lb, go with any size box and use USPS First Class (~$4). 

one of the best ways to pack a reel is to use disposable diapers.

You can always have some fun in the store by asking a clerk which brand will fit one with a 4" handle.