If it works for you, then go for it.

You are referring to the Penn Fathom star-drag saltwater reel, correct?  I'd certainly give it a look for a saltwater bait or jigging rig but to me it's too big and unwieldy to comfortably cast bass lures for any amount of time.  I would think the brake settings would be tricky to dial in for the more typical 1/4 - 1 oz total weight of bass presentations.  It's twice the weight of "normal" bass casting reels, and there's certainly no need for 200+ yards of line when going after largemouth, smallmouth or spotted bass.

If you like it, then no need to stop using it.  But if I were in the market for a bass reel, this one would not be on my list of candidates

i mainly use it with weightless wacky rigs for bass and its not as terribly heavy as you might think and its pretty smooth and cast real good but i do wish it had a paddle handle, thx for your opinion man was just wondering if anyone else used em for bass

Great catfishing reel but for the price there are so many great reels that are more suited for bass fishing. Not saying it's impossible to use if it's comfortable for you then keep using it. They are a well built reel

William  i have some penn 309s id sell you cheap and. Couple deep sea reels ..im not using them and since you can use them for bass fishing you could have 5 bass reels for $100 shipped