Jwilliams96

Graphite heavy cranking rod

Looking for cranking rod for deep cranking and heavy crankbaits. Thinking about a graphite but having a hard time finding a longer one. Really would like one 7' 8" to 7' 11". I've been using a Wright&mcgill s glass rod and I'm not really a fan of it so I think I want to get away from the glass rods. 

Bps crankin stick is a graphite/glass blend and I love mine, they offer lots of models and should have something that fits your needs.

I throw a Quantum Tour KVD cranking rods. They are a composite but are really light and have nice action.  Use the 7'4" and the 7'11"MH's but they do make a 7'11"H.  I throw 5XD's and the large 8.0 squarebills with no issues on either one.  Might be an option if you're looking.

St. Croix has the 7'10" heavy/mod in the LTB line. If it's anything like the 7'2" M/M you wouldn't be disappointed. 

6XD's aren't very big. I throw them on a 7'8" Phenix glass rod rated for an ounce. 

If you're throwing a 10XD or other magnum cranks you'll want a crank rod rated for 3oz.