Sign in to follow this  
Mad Scientist

Trunk Kit

Just got plates and tabs put on a new car today, and now comes the fun part of making it "mine". That of course means throwing all my work stuff in the back, but also some "emergency" fishing gear. I've got a medium spinning rod and a small three-tray box with an assortment of lures for different situations. Never know when/where you might have a chance to get a cast or two in!

Who else has a trunk kit, and what do you keep in it?

• Like 1

As a bank fisherman, my trunk is my trunk kit. I have a milk crate with most of my soft plastics, 6 3600 boxes, a medical tray with lid that I make at work for spinnerbaits, and my 3-4 rods.
These things only come out if it's really hot out or if I'm going grocery shopping and for the winter.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Torn Thumb said:

As a bank fisherman, my trunk is my trunk kit. I have a milk crate with most of my soft plastics, 6 3600 boxes, a medical tray with lid that I make at work for spinnerbaits, and my 3-4 rods.
These things only come out if it's really hot out or if I'm going grocery shopping and for the winter.

That sounds a lot like my car during the school year! I'm equipped to fish whether it's for perch, bass, or catfish - even fly fishing. I lose passenger capacity but it's worth it ;) 

• Like 1

i have a "behind the seat" kit in my truck.  one is a 5'6"ML ugly stick the other is a 6'6"M berkley lightning shock (both rods are 2 piece) and both have a pflueger trion spinning reel.

tackle box is simple.  weights, hooks, finesse worms, senkos, finesse cranks, small poppers.

• Like 1

Why take the gear out?  Except to fish?  No fewer than a dozen rods in my car from St Pats day to Thanksgiving. 

Work stuff?  If you really feel the need to carry that, maybe you just need a bigger car :)

• Like 1