Bass Turd

Hat for fishing in the rain

When you guys fish in the rain do you have a preferred hat? Or do you just put the hoodie up on your rain jacket? Do you still wear a baseball cap to keep the rain off your face? I was searching for rain hats but didn't find much of interest. Except of course the Gortons's fishermans hat in bright yelllow. Does anyone have the frog togs boonie hat? I might try that one as I can stow it well in the boat and use it when needed. 

I wear a wide brimmed Tilley Outback year round.  It is no hotter that a baseball cap and gives better shade. Pretty good in the rain and wind.

5 hours ago, Bass Turd said:

When you guys fish in the rain do you have a preferred hat? Or do you just put the hoodie up on your rain jacket? Do you still wear a baseball cap to keep the rain off your face? I was searching for rain hats but didn't find much of interest. Except of course the Gortons's fishermans hat in bright yelllow. Does anyone have the frog togs boonie hat? I might try that one as I can stow it well in the boat and use it when needed. 

I'm a big fan of the PC I was issued by the Army.  I wear it everywhere when I go outside (I'm wearing it in my profile picture too).  I would easily suggest an Army surplus boonie hat in whatever camo pattern you like (I'm a multicam fan).  They're water resistant, have a bill all the way around to protect your neck from the sun and comfy as hell.

• Like 1

$4 and rated 4.6 out of 5?? I just ordered 7 of them. The umbrella hat monkey strikes again.

• Like 3

I stick with the ball cap. 

I purchased the surplus Swiss camp ponchos. I use a nam jungle hat in the rain. Fishing from shore I wear jump boots.

www.Amazon.com Swiss camo poncho.

Barre army navy for the military boonies hat.

Unless you want to look politically correct. I price shop.