Sign in to follow this  
dmlucky45

Lews Tournament MB LFS Reviews

Looking for opinions or reviews from people that have owned and used.   

Used a friends. He has the 5 gear reel with deeper spool and longer power handle for deep cranking. Nice lightweight solid feeling reel with a good dual braking system. If I wasn't so partial to the daiwa mag force z system I'd have probably bought a couple m's by now. Just an FYI it's available around 108 from sportsmans outfitters

• Like 1

I've had one since last year and it's great. The dual brakes are a huge advantage for the price point. I've had mine spooled with 10-12lb InvizX the entire time and the castability is really good. I threw a carbon fiber handle on there. 

I would absolutely recommend it.

• Like 2

I have a couple MBs. All I can say is good things about them. For the price range the reel can be bought for I don't like any better. 

• Like 1

Thanks Guys.  Have read a million good reviews on them.  I just trust the opinions on this site more.   I would want to throw weightless T-rigged senkos with it.    Any opinions on how it would work for this application???

I throw weightless T-rigged worms everyday I fish. Not so much Senkos but I have thrown them with no problems. 

• Like 1

Don't see myself ever buying anything else. Can't go on enough about how much I love these reels. Feel great, cast great, easy to dial in and change as needed. Love em. Love em. Love em. 

On August 30, 2016 at 8:11 PM, dmlucky45 said:

Looking for opinions or reviews from people that have owned and used.   

The MB is a great reel. Best value available in today's market. 

• Like 1

I've got 2 in 7.5 ratio. Fantastic reels!!

It should do very well throwing weightless senkos.

I don't have one but have used a buddies and I have to agree that the tournament mb and the daiwa tatula reels are definitely the best bang for your buck reels out there. You should have no problem throwing weightless senkos with any reel as long as you have the right rod. A 5 inch senko weighs about 3/8 oz

Own 5 of them now.  From a practical approach, there is currently no need for me to buy any other brand and model of reel.  These are lighter, more smooth, and have better components than any other reel at 108 bucks.  I still may buy another type, because I'm a tackle junky, but that's a different story.

2 hours ago, Kyle46N said:

Own 5 of them now.  From a practical approach, there is currently no need for me to buy any other brand and model of reel.  These are lighter, more smooth, and have better components than any other reel at 108 bucks.  I still may buy another type, because I'm a tackle junky, but that's a different story.

I own several different Lew's as well and did purchase a Daiwa Tatula just to compare. Like you I wanted to see(play) with one being its the only other reel with such a following in this price range. I will admit I have only fished with it once so far but to me the Lew's feels so much more refined. I like the look of the Tatula and the durability is a given but it just feels raw and unrefined after using the Lew's. I wouldn't throw the Tatula away its a solid reel no doubt. Its just not my 1st choice at this price point as long as there is a Lew's Tournament to be had.

• Like 2

Yes the Tatula was another I had been considering. Thank you for the comparison.   I have used Johnny Morris Sig Series for years.   Just looking to update the arsenal.   Always get the best answers here.  

I put a 95mm handle on mine. It's awesome. Still can't believe the price.