CrustyMono

Titling Question

Can I get a boat titled in Pa with just the numbers on the side?

I doubt any state would allow that.  You will have to have the paperwork to prove legal ownership.

• Like 1

Just now, Way2slow said:

I doubt any state would allow that.  You will have to have the paperwork to prove legal ownership.

my red flags signaled it was stolen, do you agree

There are several pieces of information needed. You can go to the Pennsylvania Commission Permit and Forms web page. The site won't let me put the link up. Google Pennsylvania boat titles which should answer your question.

Is this a boat you are trying to buy?  If so and the decal on the side of the boat is all that's available, you can consider it junk because you can't do anything with it.  The VIN would have to be run and the registered owner would have to be contacted or legal paper work done as to why they couldn't be.  If you are looking, keep on looking if that's the best they have.

Just now, Way2slow said:

Is this a boat you are trying to buy?  If so and the decal on the side of the boat is all that's available, you can consider it junk because you can't do anything with it.  The VIN would have to be run and the registered owner would have to be contacted or legal paper work done as to why they couldn't be.  If you are looking, keep on looking if that's the best they have.

ok thanks

I once purchased a 12' boat from the Pa FGC at their sell off auction with no title[they lost it]I was told by them that I needed proof of purchase with hull number,size ,ect to register and have a title.

So I went to the local notory and had my wife sell it to me for $200.

It went right through the system and 20 yrs later I`m still using it.

PS,I never did pay her,but she insisted on personal favors to work off the debt.

C22

• Like 2

14 hours ago, CrustyMono said:

Can I get a boat titled in Pa with just the numbers on the side?

No.  You need a MSO (if new), owners card (if it has never been titled) or a title.  If it has a trailer, you'll also need the title of the trailer.  Motors are not titled in PA.