Jump to content
CrustyMono

Titling Question

Recommended Posts

Can I get a boat titled in Pa with just the numbers on the side?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt any state would allow that.  You will have to have the paperwork to prove legal ownership.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Way2slow said:

I doubt any state would allow that.  You will have to have the paperwork to prove legal ownership.

my red flags signaled it was stolen, do you agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are several pieces of information needed. You can go to the Pennsylvania Commission Permit and Forms web page. The site won't let me put the link up. Google Pennsylvania boat titles which should answer your question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this a boat you are trying to buy?  If so and the decal on the side of the boat is all that's available, you can consider it junk because you can't do anything with it.  The VIN would have to be run and the registered owner would have to be contacted or legal paper work done as to why they couldn't be.  If you are looking, keep on looking if that's the best they have.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Way2slow said:

Is this a boat you are trying to buy?  If so and the decal on the side of the boat is all that's available, you can consider it junk because you can't do anything with it.  The VIN would have to be run and the registered owner would have to be contacted or legal paper work done as to why they couldn't be.  If you are looking, keep on looking if that's the best they have.

 

ok thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I once purchased a 12' boat from the Pa FGC at their sell off auction with no title[they lost it]I was told by them that I needed proof of purchase with hull number,size ,ect to register and have a title.

So I went to the local notory and had my wife sell it to me for $200.

It went right through the system and 20 yrs later I`m still using it.

PS,I never did pay her,but she insisted on personal favors to work off the debt.

C22

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, CrustyMono said:

Can I get a boat titled in Pa with just the numbers on the side?

 

No.  You need a MSO (if new), owners card (if it has never been titled) or a title.  If it has a trailer, you'll also need the title of the trailer.  Motors are not titled in PA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    bass fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing rods

    fishing rods


    fishing rods

    fishing reels
    fishing gear

    Truck Caps

    fishing reels
    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×