buzzed bait

A couple good ones!

I hadn't been fishing in well over a month and it was killing me.  Was able to get out on Saturday morning to a small electric only reservoir that gets hit pretty hard.  We headed across the lake to a point that has a nice ditch and usually holds some good bait.  I started out with a buzzbait, but nothing going there.  Started tossing a spinnerbait to the weedline and bringing it back when i had a vicious hit right at the grass.  a solid fight ensued and i knew i had a nice one on.  brought it up to the kayak and had a 19-3/4" spotted bass that weighed out at 3.85lbs.  However, i was a little too excited and tossed him back before snapping a photo!!

fished for a while longer with no bites and working our way around the point we got to the backside where it was still in the shade and i tossed a "finesse frog" as @Master Bait'r would call it....  about 12 feet or more out from the grass i had one smash it and i set the hook and it hardly even moved!  i knew this was another toad.  got it in the kayak and it measured out at 20" on the dot.  as i reached for my scale to get a weight on it this gold medal gymnast of a fish took one nice jump over the side of my hawg trough and a backdive right into the lake!!!  at least on that one i did get a couple pics!

went on to catch one more skinny guy on a senko on my new (new to me) gen 1 cumara 6'8" M rod and then had one get off on the jig about halfway back to the kayak.....  my buddy caught 2 himself 1 on the spinnerbait and 1 on a 10' worm.  great morning back out on the water!!

IMG_0927.JPGIMG_0928.JPGIMG_0929.JPGIMG_0933.JPG

• Like 11

NICE FISH!

I have to get a pic of my T-reigns leash for keeping kayak'd bass while you rummage around for the camera gear, scale, etc.  It's basically a slide track mount zip leash with a cull tag attached to it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, J Francho said:

NICE FISH!

I have to get a pic of my T-reigns leash for keeping kayak'd bass while you rummage around for the camera gear, scale, etc.  It's basically a slide track mount zip leash with a cull tag attached to it.

well as embarrassing as it is, i have a fish grip that's attached to my handle on the left side of me.  i actually hooked that one on and then got my board and scale ready.  problem was i didn't keep a hand on the fish when i reached for my scale after getting the measurement and *poof* ....  she gone....

i'd have estimated the fish around 5 pounds though.  you can see in that photo it had a chunky belly!

also funny that the pic my buddy took makes me realize how low my rear is sitting in the water!  i may have to really look into the wheelchair battery that @Darren. suggested to reduce the weight when i use the motor!

• Like 1

It will help big-time. I couldn't believe the difference until
I noticed how much further I was from the water :)

• Like 1

Nice outing. Congrats. 

• Like 1

Nice Bass There Low Rider ~

Congrats

:)

A-Jay

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, A-Jay said:

Nice Bass There Low Rider ~

Congrats

:)