Sign in to follow this  
Cha

How do I get started into tournament bass fishing?

Hey I am an extremely avid 16 year old fishermen with a bass boat, but my high school does not have a bass team how do I get involved??  If you of any leagues or clubs in or around the cities I would greatly appreciate it if you let me know.

At 16 you might be able to join a club with your parents permission.  Check for local clubs and see what their policy is.  Good luck.

• Like 1

Contact BASS or FLW and tell them you're interested in starting a team at your school.  Now you will need an adult to drive the boat as you can't do that and that adult will have to be the coach of your fishing team.  That's if you want to work towards scholarships and fish for your school, but make sure you can get a team together and a parent to fill in as the coach.  Now local clubs are another way to go, but being 16, you can fish but each club has their own set of rules.  Mine wouldn't let you operate a boat until you're 18 years of age, but you can fish with a boater or have a parent or family member fish with you as a guest at each event.  Couple ways right there for you to look into.

thanks

Google search your town/city and bass club. I'm sure you have some small local clubs in your area. See if you can join even though you're under 18. You could probably join as a co-angler. 

Try a local club first, get a chance to learn what goes on instead of jumping straight to the bigger ones.

Each club is different but the one I am in a 16 year old can join and be a boater.