DFelts

LAKE CHESDIN-help/advice needed

I'm just curious as to what others are having success with on this lake.  I live literally 4 miles from the boat landing and countless times ive fished chesdin with not one bite.  I've tried everything from deep diving cranks, top water, plastics to swim baits.  I cant seem to figure it out for the life of me.  If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd certainly appreciate it.

Go to wipponock creek. Try topwaters early morning, then switch to wacky rigged senkos. I've found watermelon with red flake, or bloodworm works the best, but I've caught them on many different colors. 

Another productive thing to do is throw a silver/black rat-l-trap or similar lipless crank around cover and across points. They tend to like a lift/drop retrieve, or knocking it around cover. You will get hung but you should catch some fish this way.

Lake Chesdin is a tricky lake.  Some days its off and some days its on fire.  Go to the back of whippernock creek and work your way out towards the main lake.  Burn a Ratltrap along the weed edges and eventually you will run into a few.  Always works for me.  Fall on Chesdin is my favorite time of year to fish it.  Find the shad and you'll find the bass close by. Good luck.

D, let's face it. Lake Chesdin does not like you.

Just kidding.

Is your ramp at Seven Springs? Free Dinwiddie side ramp? Whipponock Marina ramp?

I want to send you an email, soon, on fishing Lake Chesdin.

Right now I am tired and waiting for the election results.

So PM me with your email address so I can send you some good information. I will PM my email address to you.

Hang in there and I will share some info with you.

Never heard back.

I guess he figured it out.

We will get them tomorrow Sam.

Fished Chesdin this past Monday and Thursday...... The hogs are chasing the ratltrap. I caught several big girls on it. My 67 year old mom caught a 5.8 LB hog on a Middle N, chartreuse and blue.  Its a great place to fish right now.

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 5:12 PM, WdyCrankbait said:

We will get them tomorrow Sam.

And we did. Woody caught three and I nailed two.

Beautiful day on the water.

Sorry we had only two hours to fish and hang out but we got a late start.

Next year! Think next year.

Post that picture of that nice bass you caught Sam.

so surprised to see so much interest in this lake.  I don't fish it, and I work on 460 everyday.  The guys in my bass club also shun the lake, except May.  Soo many jet skis, maybe i just need to give it another go.

If you get past the stumps, go up the App.  Every top 5 finish had at least a couple of boats that went up river.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 3:46 PM, TriCityBassin' said:

so surprised to see so much interest in this lake.  I don't fish it, and I work on 460 everyday.  The guys in my bass club also shun the lake, except May.  Soo many jet skis, maybe i just need to give it another go.

If you get past the stumps, go up the App.  Every top 5 finish had at least a couple of boats that went up river.

Tri, would love to go into the Swamp and then up the Appomattox River but it is just way too dangerous for the boat and motor.

Chesdin is a small lake and if there are two club tournaments on any one day you can forget fishing your favorite places.

And you are correct: too many skiers, jet skies, pontoon boats and people anchored in the middle of the lake fishing for catfish.

On 11/8/2016 at 6:22 PM, Sam said:

D, let's face it. Lake Chesdin does not like you.

Just kidding.

Is your ramp at Seven Springs? Free Dinwiddie side ramp? Whipponock Marina ramp?

I want to send you an email, soon, on fishing Lake Chesdin.

Right now I am tired and waiting for the election results.

So PM me with your email address so I can send you some good information. I will PM my email address to you.

Hang in there and I will share some info with you.

My parents live about a mile from Lake Chesdin, and I fish it pretty regularly. I do alright, but you can send that email this way!

PM your email address to me.