Jump to content
BassinCali

Question about line in general

Recommended Posts

Hey guys i was just wondering , when you go down to a lighter fishing line does the fish feel it as less vibration on its lateral lines. Would it just be the bass not seeing the line per say a 3 lb line to a 6lb  line?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be visual if anything. If you are using a smaller diameter line, there would be a lesser chance that the fish would see the line. Even that is subjective unless you are using rope.

The bait that you are working would have a much greater effect on the fish's lateral line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, BassinCali said:

Hey guys i was just wondering , when you go down to a lighter fishing line does the fish feel it as less vibration on its lateral lines. Would it just be the bass not seeing the line per say a 3 lb line to a 6lb  line?

Yes and yes, but arguably it's that lighter line gives better action to, and control of, the bait when used appropriately.

-T9

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd never really thought about vibration, regarding line and how a bass might sense or react.  Certainly, greater vibration is a desired factor in some bait choices....and different lines might transmit vibrations back to me differently...but with all things that I don't know about what a bass sees, hears, feels, thinks.....if I need to start wondering if a bass will react to the vibrations of different lines differently, I'm probably going to just fish for crappies from now on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Choporoz said:

I'd never really thought about vibration, regarding line and how a bass might sense or react.  Certainly, greater vibration is a desired factor in some bait choices....and different lines might transmit vibrations back to me differently...but with all things that I don't know about what a bass sees, hears, feels, thinks.....if I need to start wondering if a bass will react to the vibrations of different lines differently, I'm probably going to just fish for crappies from now on. 

Very true brother haha, the reason i asked this question.  Was just to hear people's opinions. I live out here in socal and I fish local ponds which are super pressured. I saw mike ianconelli fishing with 2 pound test in Lake Biwa which is an also heavily  fished lake and thought maybe  I should try going down from 6 to 3  just to see if there be any difference. So I guess I'll see how it goes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, BassinCali said:

Very true brother haha, the reason i asked this question.  Was just to hear people's opinions. I live out here in socal and I fish local ponds which are super pressured. I saw mike ianconelli fishing with 2 pound test in Lake Biwa which is an also heavily  fished lake and thought maybe  I should try going down from 6 to 3  just to see if there be any difference. So I guess I'll see how it goes

One thing to look at it is line diameter instead of lb test.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That brings up the question of how lure companies create lures with the effect of the line being implemented into the bait's action. 

Similarly, I ride road bikes (Like Lance, without all the dope) and so many companies throw a set of aerodynamic wheels in a wind tunnel and publish observed values, but none of them put them on a few bikes and publish those "real world" results.

I wonder what it would be like if lure companies reported lure diving depths and effects on action based on fishing lines as a variable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Preytorien said:

That brings up the question of how lure companies create lures with the effect of the line being implemented into the bait's action. 

Similarly, I ride road bikes (Like Lance, without all the dope) and so many companies throw a set of aerodynamic wheels in a wind tunnel and publish observed values, but none of them put them on a few bikes and publish those "real world" results.

I wonder what it would be like if lure companies reported lure diving depths and effects on action based on fishing lines as a variable

That's awesome I have a cervelo s5 team and yeah that be and interesting survey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    bass fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    bass fish

    fishing

    fishing poles

    fishing reels
    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×