bassinyea

Rage Rig Setup

Just curious as to what type of set up you are fishing your rage rigs on.  I think it would work real well for what the fish seem to be doing on my lake right now.  Baitcast or spinning and what type of line?  I will be fishing around laydowns so I dont want to go too light.  Was thinking of fishing it on a spinning reel I have spooled up with 20 lb braid with a 6 foot fluoro leader 15 pound.  

thats the rage craw on a weighted worm hook, right? 

id probably go MH 7'ish rod, FC for the slack line feel. 

ive fished it on baitcasting but spinning will work just fine if not better.

• Like 1

The rage rig is any of the rage baits on a keel weighted hook. I think your set up will do just fine. I have one set up the exact way and do great with it. Sometimes I don't even use the FC leader . Why are you using a leader ? Because it sinks ? If it's for the visibility reason it's a bunch of malarkey. Bass hit thick wire spinner baits and wacky rigged worms using a 3/0 ewg. Alabama rigs.. the list goes on and on. But if you're using it for some depth I can understand.  Otherwise I use straight braid on a spinning reel with success on a regular basis. 

What bait are you rage rigging ? I'm going to assume the craw. I'd try the space monkey and menace also. 

• Like 1

I throw it on a 7' MH Avid with an Abu Garcia Revo S.

Open water....7' Loomis MBR 843C GLX with a Chronarch 100SF reel spooled with 14# Sniper.

Up close...7' mh/f Fenwick Techna AV with a Curado E reel spooled with 30# braid.

No need for a leader.

Mike

6'10" Fenwick Elite Tech MF Baitcast with 20lb braid; hi-viz yellow with no leader