Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I'm looking for some new spots to fish for largemouth. I fish for peacock every weekend but I'd like some spots like ponds for largemouth near the southeast area of Miami. And please don't say there are spots everywhere because if that were true for where i live i wouldn't asking this question. Thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly the bass fishing is spectacular in South Florida. Almost every canal,pond,lake is loaded with bass,so it's not hard to find good places to fish.With that said, what county are you most interested in fishing?Miami Dade?Broward?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forums!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello and Welcome to Bass Resource ~

A-Jay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2016 at 0:44 AM, soflabasser said:

Honestly the bass fishing is spectacular in South Florida. Almost every canal,pond,lake is loaded with bass,so it's not hard to find good places to fish.With that said, what county are you most interested in fishing?Miami Dade?Broward?

Sorry about being late. I'm most interested in Miami dade

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can try fishing the canal behind Opa Locka airport on Red Road and NW 142nd Street.Its the part of the canal that is "L" shaped. Last time I went fishing there I caught 16 bass in less than 4 hours,with the biggest one being a skinny but spunky 21.5" largemouth bass.This canal is also a good spot for peacock bass and various species of exotic fish.Amelia Earhart park is close to this canal and offers good bass fishing as well,but the peacock bass fishing is much better in the canal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, soflabasser said:

You can try fishing the canal behind Opa Locka airport on Red Road and NW 142nd Street.Its the part of the canal that is "L" shaped. Last time I went fishing there I caught 16 bass in less than 4 hours,with the biggest one being a skinny but spunky 21.5" largemouth bass.This canal is also a good spot for peacock bass and various species of exotic fish.Amelia Earhart park is close to this canal and offers good bass fishing as well,but the peacock bass fishing is much better in the canal.

Aye thanks soflabasser and you give me directions to get to the canal? From google it looks like I'd have to go through the airport or through some houses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's plenty of parking nearby you just have to find it and walk a short distance to the canal. You are allowed to fish this canal as long as you have your Florida freshwater fishing license since it's a public canal. The peacocks hit well on Rapala jerkbaits and live shiners is the best way to get them. Don't be surprised if you hook into a snook or tarpon since they are in this canal system. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks man. I don't mean to bother you but besides peacocks, do you have somewhere good for largemouths? My current place is bad that's why haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both the canal and park I mentioned offer good bass fishing,with a decent shot at a 5 pound or bigger bass.You just have to put in your time wisely for best results. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2016 at 10:50 PM, TheLethalKing said:

Thanks man. I don't mean to bother you but besides peacocks, do you have somewhere good for largemouths? My current place is bad that's why haha

Did you go fishing last week?The bass fishing has been very good lately.Try the spots I mentioned, you should be able to have a good time catching both largemouth bass and peacock bass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    bass fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing rods

    fishing rods


    fishing rods

    fishing reels
    fishing gear

    Truck Caps

    fishing reels
    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×