So my best friend wanted to get his old bass hunter out of his yard.I was glad to take it off his hands.Now I have a Jon boat ,yak, and now the hunter.Had it out for a test run with my 40 pound thrust tm.The battery was too low so I didn't go far.

It is very stable, has plenty of leg room,will fit well in the back of the truck,and has chairs.

If you have one and have any tips or accessories info.please let me know.Seems perfectly for my lake and other small water bodies I fish.

Thanks, Mike

20161024_183022.jpg

• Like 4

find a stik it anchor,small portable depth finder. also get the best battery you can,you'll find yourself using it more than you think. I use my brothers all the time,don't even think he knows it's not at his house anymore !!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Looks like it is an 8' that is in good shape.  There is a great thread on here that you will want to take a look at:

• Like 1

Mine is over 20 yrs old and still going strong.

i like running the TM on the bow for easier mobility and I'd recommend upgrading the seat.

It is very comfortable  and as you mentioned very stable.

Here is a pic of mine from a few years ago with the only other upgrade being the FF, which is now a Garmin Striker 7sv.

image.jpeg

• Like 3

I've had one for over 30 years now, I use 2 motors, and 2 batteries. I kinda center the seat, and I have a old hummingbird wide eye with a permanant base on it. I use a cheap home depot spring type wood clamp to attatch the transducer to the rear seam from top and bottom sections,.or its version of a rub rail.. Mine is the 8' model and fits in my truck with the tailgate up, no straps or ropes to tie off (truck has a cap). Im currently thinking up a way to attach a minn kota powerdrive trolling motor to the front. so I can steer with my foot,, This is gunna be tricky,...but nice

• Like 3

3 hours ago, N Florida Mike said:

So my best friend wanted to get his old bass hunter out of his yard.I was glad to take it off his hands.Now I have a Jon boat ,yak, and now the hunter.Had it out for a test run with my 40 pound thrust tm.The battery was too low so I didn't go far.

It is very stable, has plenty of leg room,will fit well in the back of the truck,and has chairs.

If you have one and have any tips or accessories info.please let me know.Seems perfectly for my lake and other small water bodies I fish.

Thanks, Mike

20161024_183022.jpg

Check out the "Any Pelican Bass Raiders" thread. Tons of advice, tips, mods, etc on there.

• Like 1

Hi Mike. I just bought the same one, Bass Hunter II 8'. In Calif we have to have it registered if we use an electric motor. the form wants to know the year it was built. was wondering if you know if the metal tag on the boat with the id number will tell me this.  the number is BKH01769 D505 (maybe the d505 is dec 5 2005?? any help would  be appreciated...tks Ken in Oakley Ca

I don't know...that's actually a good question.I ll  call the friend who gave it to me tomorrow and see if he knows.You could try googling it in the meantime.