Sean Dalton

Skirt making

Has anyone had any luck making their own jig skirts for freedom tackles style of jig? The way that the hook attaches to the head I'm having a hard time figuring out a good way of doing this without taking away from the ability to weedlessly Texas rig my bait in place. Thanks for any ideas!

With swinging hook jigs I usually go without a skirt because when I switch to that type of presentation I am looking for a different profile than a skirted jig. Maybe a spider type trailer would fit the bill for you?

spider.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sean Dalton said:

Has anyone had any luck making their own jig skirts for freedom tackles style of jig? The way that the hook attaches to the head I'm having a hard time figuring out a good way of doing this without taking away from the ability to weedlessly Texas rig my bait in place. Thanks for any ideas!

You mean like a skirted jig with a free swinging hook? If so, I tie my own with a swinging football head mold and an Owner Twistlock XXX hook.

1555380_10202450800537578_389119200286511970609_10202450766696732_18540208097173

I go to fishingskirts.com for all my jig stuff.  I had a 98% hookup ratio this year on these jigs.  Can't go wrong with Gary Klein!