Sign in to follow this  
pennix5

question striker 7sv

im looking into getting the striker 7sv for my main fishfinder at the console how is the built in maps? or could i find another unit thats better with sv around the same price point

The Striker has GPS but NO mapping capabilities. The mapping on the echoMap series is excellent. There are 17,000 lake maps built in with about a third of those high def. it also has Quick draw to create your own high def maps in real time. 

The striker 7sv doesn't have maps. You can mark waypoints and see your route. From what I've seen and researched it's basically a blank screen with your routes and waypoints on there. I believe you can also use icons for rocks, grass, logs, and other things you find so you can come back and know what it was you found at that spot.

If you have navionics on your phone with way points then you don't need a map.  Just navigate with the phone, get to your spot and mark it on the Striker.

2 hours ago, webertime said:

If you have navionics on your phone with way points then you don't need a map.  Just navigate with the phone, get to your spot and mark it on the Striker.

i like that idea alot