Sign in to follow this  
freelancer27

2016 Antares DC with US warranty?

Hi guys,

I have laid my eyes on the 2016 Antares DC from Shimano after I have seen a couple of videos on youtube.

I am wondering where one could purchase it and get some warranty with it? Do not want to shall out 600 bucks and then don't have decent warranty.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Instead of asking here ask with the seller, for ex, TW.

2 hours ago, Raul said:

Instead of asking here ask with the seller, for ex, TW.

TW only has the non DC version

3 hours ago, freelancer27 said:

Hi guys,

I have laid my eyes on the 2016 Antares DC from Shimano after I have seen a couple of videos on youtube.

I am wondering where one could purchase it and get some warranty with it? Do not want to shall out 600 bucks and then don't have decent warranty.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

The 2016 Antares DC is JDM only so there is no US warranty, only Japan warranty. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dwight Hottle said:

The 2016 Antares DC is JDM only so there is no US warranty, only Japan warranty. 

Why are there no DC reels for the US domestic market?

There were two USDM DC Shimanos - the Calais DC, and the Calcutta CTE-DC.  Both models were discontinued by Shimano Japan and replaced by newer platforms - thus Shimano USA had to drop the Calais and CTE-DC from their line-up. However, Shimano USA has apparently not yet decided if/when they will import any of the current DC models as USDM products. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goose52 said:

There were two USDM DC Shimanos - the Calais DC, and the Calcutta CTE-DC.  Both models were discontinued by Shimano Japan and replaced by newer platforms - thus Shimano USA had to drop the Calais and CTE-DC from their line-up. However, Shimano USA has apparently not yet decided if/when they will import any of the current DC models as USDM products. 

So if I wanted to get a DC reel atm, the only option would be to go over a importer or over ebay and I assume none of the two offer any warranty...?!

I've ordered a  bunch of JDM reels from sellers in Japan - but to tell you the truth I haven't paid much attention to their return policies. I would imagine some sellers provide for returns, or will process a warranty claim. I believe Jun at Japan Tackle will send a reel in for warranty repair. I can't say what the policies are at Japan Lure Shop, Digitaka, Plat, etc.  Of course, you have the hassle of sending the reel back to Japan for this type of work. There is also the option of ordering repair parts from Japan, and having the reel repaired here in the U.S. and eating that cost.

• Like 1