Sign in to follow this  
Scarborough817

Looking for my First

Okay i'm looking into getting my first fish/depth finder i was looking at the lowrance hook 5 or hook 7 or the humminbird helix 7

has anyone used these or have anything they would suggest when looking into my first electronics 

I have a Humminbird Helix 7 as well as four other Humminbird units. They do what I want how I want it, that is why I got them.

All of mine have 2D sonar, Side Imaging, and GPS/Mapping.

To determine what you would need is to decide on what technology/s you want and how much you are willing to spend to get it.

I agree with Wanye P. it depend on how much you want to spend. I would recommend to go to BPS or a big box store where they have them on display so you can see and feel them. Also I like to look on classified for used ones at a great price. good luck

I have a elite 7 hdi which is pretty much the same as a hook 7.  I like it alot, wish I could get the elite 7 TI bc the touch interface seems a lot nicer than the buttons on the hdi. I would say definitely go for the biggest screen u can afford, tiny screens are tough to read

If you are still considering the Helix you might want to check out the new Mega Imaging they will be featuring soon. Looks pretty cool.

• Like 1