Sign in to follow this  
iceintheveins

McCoy Mean Green Copoly/Mono

How good is this stuff in your opinions? I use original stren generously lubed with KVD Line and Lure and it's both strong and very limp for my mono applications. Is the McCoy much better? It's about the same price.

I can not comment on stren, but I can on the McCoys. Aside from my straight braid setups, I have switched to McCoys almost exclusively. Doesn't break the bank, while giving you similar results to that of fluorocarbon. Highly reccomended. 

I've used it for swimbaits and it worked great. 

Have not used stren in many years .  Seemed to have a lot of stretch when I did years ago?   Started to use mcoy about five years ago . I have been very pleased and use this line and use it for most applications. You don't need line lube.  Very limp if you use spinning tackle. Lines I have used over the years. Stren Trilene ,p line siliver thread,vicous and youzri.  Mcoy is my favorite.  Mcoy is very slick so make sure to make good  knots.  The only bad thing I can say about this line is that I have to buy it online and one thousand yard spools .  You won't be disappointed with this line.