Sign in to follow this  
PapaMurph98

Ascend D10T Sit on top vs. Ascend D10 Sit in Kayak

I have been looking at these two kayaks and was wondering what the major advantages and disadvantages to either of these kayaks, in terms of fishing, are. If anyone has had personal experience with either of these kayaks and would comment that would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

I have an FS10 sit in and really like it. I would personally prefer a sit-IN unless it is a large enough kayak to stand in, which the FS10 SOT is not. The reviews on BPS are littered with people saying how unstable it is, I haven't tried it and can't say first hand, but it's something to think about. I think in general people see sit on tops as better suited for fishing, but many of the SOT fishing kayaks are 12+ feet and made to be a stable standing platform. I can store stuff in the cockpit without worrying about knocking it overboard and can stay 100% dry no matter the conditions which is why I like the sit in. I also like having the "dashboard" the sit in provides in order to put things on while I am changing lures, or dealing with a fish. And with the modifications I made to mine, I get all that without sacrificing standing ability...

kayak.jpg

• Like 1