Grantman83

Aetos rods $100 off

Has anyone used either the HXF or the MHXF for frogs?

Also if you use their discount code they have right now (HOLIDAY10) the price goes down to 72 with free shipping....veeerrry tempting

• Like 1

This deal is a little better than FFO (only had a limited selection of rods and charged $12 for shipping). I picked up a 7'0 MHMF which I preferred over the 6'8 MHF on FFO.

Thanks for the heads up!!

2 hours ago, MassYak85 said:

Also if you use their discount code they have right now (HOLIDAY10) the price goes down to 72 with free shipping....veeerrry tempting

If you use HOLIDAY15 instead of 10 you save a few more bucks... as I did.  

• Like 3

I just double checked and used the HOLIDAY15 code :) Heck I even tried all the way up to HOLIDAY90 and they didn't work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, georgeyew said:

I just double checked and used the HOLIDAY15 code :) Heck I even tried all the way up to HOLIDAY90 and they didn't work.

Haha, I tried a higher number too just for laughs. 

Oh man. I have already bought four of these from closeout deals at Fenwick and FFO.

Fortunately, I don't see any models I absolutely need this second. So I'm going to walk away and pretend I wasn't tempted.

12 minutes ago, MIbassyaker said:

Oh man. I have already bought four of these from closeout deals at Fenwick and FFO.

Fortunately, I don't see any models I absolutely need this second. So I'm going to walk away and pretend I wasn't tempted.

dnc.png

• Like 4

I grabbed two rods for 145 shipped, thanks! Great deal. Easy to return too. 

Nice. I just bought the 7'9", figured I'd buy it at that price. Grabbed a Spro McStick for like $4 too.

I bought 2 of the Aetos 7' MM when they were $88.88, buy one get 2nd for 50% off.  Sweet.  :D

I picked up the 7'2" MH and 7'6" H from Gander Mtn. I'm hoping the 7'6" fishes heavier than it's rated so I can potentially do some frogging with it. Otherwise it'll spend time as my light pitching and flipping stick or I'll sell it to fund something else. I'm almost positive I'll love the 7'2" MH though.

I just got my 7'9"H and it's a good bit heavy. Dobyn's really does rate their rods a tad lower. This rod is heavier than my mag-heavy DX745.

• Like 1

That's good news, exactly what I'm hoping will pan out. They should arrive at the store tomorrow so I'll find out then. Both are XF so it'll be interesting to fish them, I haven't fished any XF rods before.

• Like 1