Sign in to follow this  
Joseph Daines

Lews laser MG vs Abu pro max 2-L

So at my local fishing shop, They have 2 reels, The lews laser mg for $60 (Reg $80) | And they also have the Abu pro max 2-L for $60 (Reg $80), The abu is 7.1.1 Gear ratio and so is the Laser MG, The laser MG has 11 pounds of drag vs the abu having 15, For some reason the abu feels like better construction then the laser MG, But honestly i don't really know if it is or not, So that's why i have come to you guys! Both of the reels have good reviews, But most of them are not of people who have really used the 2 reels, So please leave your opinion thank you!.

I have never handled that Abu. But today, while browsing Cabelas, I picked up the Lews Laser MG and was very impressed with the smoothness and feel of it. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one and try it out. I can't offer much more than that. Just my two cents.

2 hours ago, Megastink said:

I have never handled that Abu. But today, while browsing Cabelas, I picked up the Lews Laser MG and was very impressed with the smoothness and feel of it. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one and try it out. I can't offer much more than that. Just my two cents.

Sounds great! i will be picking it up in the morning, For 60 bucks i can't complain, Thank goodness Clearance.

• Like 1