Sign in to follow this  
NHBull

Loomis E6X thoughts

Howdy Folks,

I am trying to use 1 dedicated crank rod.  I seldom throw deeper then 12' and am lipless about 25% of the time

I am looking at the Loomis 843c, MMF and 845c MH MF, these got my attention because I can get them for 115.00......any input is appreciated.  Is there another rod for similar money that may be better???

Thanks

That's a good price. I picked one up and almost bought it for $180 even though I didn't need another rod. Yah I'd buy one if I were you. Maybe even both.

I like to throw my Keitech swimbaits on a moderate fast action rod too. I just keep reeling as they eat it and the rod loads up.

• Like 1

Get the 845. The 843 is too soft in my opinion. I had a 845 but couldn't get past the short handle. Great  deal at $115 though.

• Like 1

Goods rods but when I went to go buy one I just couldn't bring myself to pay 180 for the e6x while there was a duckett for a lot cheaper and the duckett was lighter.

I have the 843 and it's preeeeettttyy limber. Almost too limber when you throw anything that dives deeper than 5ft or weighs more than 1/2oz. You might want the 845.