Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mheichelbech

Custom pours and colors = more success?

8 posts in this topic

Was considering some custom poured tubes, craws, etc.  Am curious as to whether or not those of you have who tried it, actually experienced greater success rates versus the standard store baits such as strike king, powerbaits, etc.

If it gives you more confidence then chances are you will have greater success.  That alone can make it worth it.  Just be sure of what you want.

Probably not

Worms, there are very good custom hand pours or automated hand pours like Iovino worms, Uptons Customs and Rodoworms that often make a difference between being blanked and catching bass.

Hand injection molded creature baits including craws have come a long way the past few years with custom colors availble that can very effective for your local lake.

I prefer custom hand pour worm  and custom creature soft platics over off the self soft platics most of the time. Customizing soft plastics is easy by melting / glueing things together. Tinkering is a fun part of bass fishing.

Tom

1 person likes this

I purchase custom color baits because the areas I fish will often get a large amount of pressure. I also custom make my own jigs and spinnerbaits and I normally do well. I think a lot of the reason customs seem to work better in certain situations is because they are seeing something that is different, I believe it depends on the area, my water is high pressure and clear enough most of the time that colr often makes a difference.

Maybe, maybe not.

It is hard to imagine a plastic that give me better results than a GY green pumpkin or black/blue.

1 person likes this

I wouldn't say more success, but there is greater satisfaction and sense of pride when you catch a fish on something you made or modified yourself.

If you think it makes a difference, you're likely correct.

3 people like this