Sign in to follow this  
TannerBrunt

Spawn fishing post rain

Hello to all,

It is the night before my tournament tomorrow here in Arkansas and it has been pouring since about 6 this afternoon and it is 9 now. The fish are starting to move up onto their beds as we have had 80 degree days this week and the water temp is around 65-70. I was wondering what y'all would recommend doing tomorrow after this rain. Supposed to be partly cloudy with a high of 67 degrees and low of 55. 

You must of posted this early in morning! We need a few days heads up to help out.

Unless the rain is colder than the water temps, the bass aren't going anywhere. Just fish paralell to the bank in spawning areas between 2' to 8' with plastic worms and a bluegill swimbait or shallow crank bait. 

Tom

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WRB said:

You must of posted this early in morning! We need a few days heads up to help out.

Unless the rain is colder than the water temps, the bass aren't going anywhere. Just fish paralell to the bank in spawning areas between 2' to 8' with plastic worms and a bluegill swimbait or shallow crank bait. 

Tom

I agree! Not much should change!  You may have to go a tad deeper as some will spawn deeper than 8 ft.! Good Luck

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WRB said:

Tom

18 minutes ago, eyedabassman said:

I agree! Not much should change!  You may have to a tad deeper as some will spawn deeper than 8 ft.! Good Luck

Add spinnerbaits & traps!

It's gotta be pretty drastic temperature change to move em beyond 1 or 2 breaklines.