RMax

Couple Questions- Lure Making, Front Runner, etc.

(1.) Have any of you ever used a front runner before? Are the effective? Worth ordering online? (Look up War Eagle Front Runner if you haven't heard of this before.

(2.) Have any of you created lures before? I have ideas for lures similar to frogs, and a few others. How do I go about submitting these to a company? Do I need prototypes before sending them in or just drawings/specifications? These aren't lures I can test by carving from wood and I don't know how to make a hollow body frog.

(3.) Is the St. Croix Avid X the most sensitive rod for about $200 dollars? I would be using it for almost all bottom contact baits (T-Rigs, Jigs, etc.).  I don't really care about weight of the rod but I absolutely hate awkward or whippy rods.

(4.) What are the best lures to fish in rip rap, snag-wise? I lose too many lures in rip rap and was hoping there are some better options that won't snag very much.

Thank you for dealing with all these questions and I ask that you answer as many as you can.  Even if the question's already answered, I would like more opinions on it.

Rip-Rap lures for reduced hang-ups: Rage Tail Baby Craw, Lizard and Structure Bug.

:easter-119:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roadwarrior said:

Rip-Rap lures for reduced hang-ups: Rage tail Baby Craw, Lizard and Structure Bug.

:easter-119:

Are you just talking T-Rigged?

1. Never used it, looks like it would get caught in the line when I cast. 

2. No idea.

3. Avids are great rods. If you want to spend $200, I'd go for the Avid 7' MH/F.

4. I fish spinnerbaits, squarebills and swinghead jigs with large trailers in rip rap. 

20 minutes ago, Robert Riley said:

1. Never used it, looks like it would get caught in the line when I cast. 

2. No idea.

3. Avids are great rods. If you want to spend $200, I'd go for the Avid 7' MH/F.

4. I fish spinnerbaits, squarebills and swinghead jigs with large trailers in rip rap. 

Have you used Avids and Avid X's? It seems that the general opinion on BR is that the Avid X is more sensitive although if you have a contrasting opinion or homologous opinion I would like to know.

Ive used an Avid. Good rod. 99% sure the only difference is the handle material and the microguides.

17 hours ago, RMax said:

Are you just talking T-Rigged?

Yes and I will add the Cut-R to the list.

:fishing-026:

• Like 1