Jrwilliams

Johns lake Florida

Been out on johns lake central Florida and can't seem to catch any bigs or haven't had any luck at all really going out this Saturday if weather permits anyone have any tips or spots I can try? 

After you launch and head to the no wake on the left that separates the two main parts of the lake, the area on the right of that no wake zone(before you get through it) is a large weed flat that drops off to about 12ft of water. I crush in that area most of the season.

If you continue thru the no wake zone and get into the other large part of the lake, stay on the far right shoreline. I am sorry I don't know if it is the south or west shoreline. Lucky Craft LV's, swim jigs and 6" works have always done well for me. I can't seem to catch a cold by all of the docks. So I stopped trying over there.

• Like 2

Holy Cow, is this THEE "earthworm" of yesteryear?

Welcome back, ole boy!   :)

Roger

2 hours ago, earthworm77 said:

I float around Roger. lol

As you know, true floating worms are hard to come by    :D

John's lake is a great bass lake.  It gets a ton of pressure, so you have to fish a little differently.  There is a lot of rocky structure in John's lake.  The best way to fish these areas is with a Colorado rig.  Start at the lake points and work down the ridges until you find fish.   There is a great area on the left section of the lake.   From the ramp when you get to the open lake turn left and run to where the canal joins the lake.  This area is very rocky with a hard bottom. When the wind blows there is also current.  Fish the canal opening and the entire area within 100 yards of the mouth.  When you find the rocks you will find fish.  

Year's ago the hot bait in John's lake was a floating worm with no weight.  I throw this bait on 8 pound test with a small swivel about 12" in front of the hook for weight.   Fish it slow and let the bait float in around the weeds and stickups.  The hot color back then was bright pink and white.  I still have some of these worms in my garage. 

I haven't fished John's lake in a long time.  A friend of mine lives on the lake and catches big fish regularly.

Thanks y'all I'm guessing the mouth of this canal is where they are lol two different people said the same thing I like throwing swim jigs so I'm going to give that a try any of y'all ever fished the little pocket directly across from the boat ramp like on the other side of the little point right there? I heard that was a decent spot to a lot of pads and grass there 

The water in John's lake is pretty clear.  My buddy that lives on the lake likes soft jerk baits (flukes) and does pretty well.  Good Luck!