Joshua Beaver

End of the slump... sort of

So I finally hooked my first largemouth bass of the year. And wouldn't you know it, he managed to wrap around some lily pads as I was pulling it out of cover and due to this, got slack and popped the hook. He grabbed onto a bright red 7" curly tail worm, I believe it was a 2/0 red ewg hook. Had it Texas rigged weedless. Was not happy when I realised I was not longer fighting the fish, just the pads. Suffice to say, I will be going back again in search of the dreaded "ONE THAT GOT AWAY".

• Like 1

I had 2 break me off this weekend and that NEVER happens with me.  One was probably a Snakehead because at the first feel of pressure my line just went "tink" and hook/bait was no more.  On the second, I set the hook on a weightless Senko on a long cast over pretty heavy grass.  Got wrapped up in the grass and snapped 10lb test.  Wasn't ready for that and when the line snapped (because I never break off:P) my hands came up and I punched myself in the face........HARD!!:lol::lol:  That didn't keep us from getting our fair share though.....;)

0617.jpg

06171.jpg

• Like 1

Nice fish! And I hear snakeheads are fun to catch. I only use 10 lb test when I'm trout fishing, bass for me require no less than 15 simply because of the fact they like heavy cover so often and most places I fish have either heavy cover or a lot of snags. I have yet to catch a daily limit of anything here in P.a. but I'm starting to hook up so that's always a good sign.

We caught a snakehead this weekend as well (on a swimbait) but last weekend I nailed one on a Senko with 10lb test in the grass and we had to run it down like a marlin!!:lol:  14lbs+  You need to come on down to the Potomac.  It's fishing strong right now.  

Snakehead.jpg

5 minutes ago, TOXIC said:

We caught a snakehead this weekend as well (on a swimbait) but last weekend I nailed one on a Senko with 10lb test in the grass and we had to run it down like a marlin!!:lol:  14lbs+  You need to come on down to the Potomac.  It's fishing strong right now.  

Snakehead.jpg

I would if I could brother but work has me hung till Thursday and don't have the gas money to make a trip. Maybe come next paycheck I'll be able to make it down there and do some major hauling in.