JustJames

Recovery from massive kills

I just found out that in 2009 there were massive fish kills in my home Lake including Bass, crappies, catfish and Silver Shad around 14 tons. The were many giant bass over 10lbs accounted for.

That might be an answer of the myth about giant bass / bass heaven lake in SoCal where nowadays it is tougher to fish than before.

my question how long would it take for bass to recover to it glory in term of quantity and quality.

17 minutes ago, JustJames said:

I just found out that in 2009 there were massive fish kills in my home Lake including Bass, crappies, catfish and Silver Shad around 14 tons. The were many giant bass over 10lbs accounted for.

That might be an answer of the myth about giant bass / bass heaven lake in SoCal where nowadays it is tougher to fish than before.

my question how long would it take for bass to recover to it glory in term of quantity and quality.

You should have a DCNR office in your state with a fish biologist assigned to it.  They provide some of the best information for questions like this.  There are a lot of variables that go into that equation, and they should know the variables.  They will even answer questions about what going on with different resevoirs, hatches, and growth rates.  They are a valuable free resource.

This^^^ 

My lake had a bad kill in 2011.I am convinced that every bass over 2 pounds died.I started catching a few 2 pounders about a year after,then they grew app.a pound a year since then.Caught  4 pounders in 2014,and a 6 in late 2015. Have not caught a bigger one since but they're bound to be out there.

I have an over abundance of small fish now that several good sources have recommended harvesting.