KyleB428

Finding Lake maps

Wondering where I can find a basic map of a lake I wanted to fish in Michigan. There is a map online but it's pretty rough. What tips can you give me to find a decent paper map or a lake? Also should I try one online such as navionics?

your state's DNR may have bathygraphic maps, I would check there first since they would be free.

50 minutes ago, Doelman said:

your state's DNR may have bathygraphic maps, I would check there first since they would be free.

I tried looking at it but it seems to be very outdated and difficult to read. Where can I find a decent paper map or online map?

Your county should have a mapping & survey department, you may have to do some digging though their records.

If your lake is a man made impoundment planning maps should be available from the county and survey topographic evelation maps of the area. Natural lakes are more difficult unless a Navonics maps was made if the lake is popular or you can find sounding bathygraphic maps, usually depth in 5' numbered increments.

Good luck,

Tom

Another option "may" be if there are any civic or conservation groups related to the lake -- they may have a map available.