Chughes37

What's your favorite rod, power and action. What do you use it for?

7'6" heavy, moderate fast. With 20-lb flouro I use it to pitch 6" Senkos around the grass and reeds. I have a 7'4" heavy, fast action but it doesn't feel the same for pitching. I used to think fast action was better, but I keep reaching for the moderate fast rod.

So far it's a St Croix Mojo wacky spinning, 6'8", m-xf, with a Pflueger president xt 30, spooled with 10lb braid to an 8lb fluorocarbon leader. I use this set up for finnese soft plastics. 

Will be trying jerkbaits in the near future with this set up as well. 

This is my second year of getting back into frequent, serious bass chasing.  Right now I have two rods, both are MH fast action, one was part of my first purchase, a combo deal.  The second is a slightly more expensive much better quality rod.  Obviously I use them for everything. 

My goal today is to head out and purchase a H/Fast rod for frogging as on the lakes I kayak fish around me I really to the hollow body frog a lot due to heavy weed cover.  Plus it's a blast.  I've been successful with the rods I have but since I always seem to have a frog tied on this purchase makes sense. 

GLX MH and GLX M,    the Montes is more fun since most of my fish is in the 2 lb range

7' MH/F Fenwick Techna AV. ...For all things on the bottom except punching.

Mike

Sounds like another way of asking "If you could only have one rod, what would it be?"  I'd have to agree with Mike.  For me it would have to be a rod 7'-7'3" MHF.  I believe I have the same rod Mike has, but I'd choose the 7' MF Techna AV as it is rated for lures more in the line with what I use.....which is a MH rating for many other brand/model rods.

Thankfully we don't have to choose just one rod.

• Like 1

7'3" MH/F. Texas rigs, jigs, frogs. 

Easily, 6'10" MF; Fenwick Elite Tech Small Mouth; 20# PP, 8# leader.  I throw rage rigged 1/16 - 1/4....a LOT

Right now it's my MB Orochi XX Diablo Spec R. Crazy versatile rod, plenty sensitive, casts like a dream, and not too shabby to look at to boot.